Cheng Cohen LLC’s corporate practice helps clients build and grow their business. Cheng Cohen’s corporate lawyers work closely with clients to establish new business relationships and expand existing ones, to develop and execute growth strategies. Our corporate team is highly experienced in a broad range of transactions. We have served as primary counsel in transactions involving mergers, acquisitions, sales or dispositions of companies of all sizes. Cheng Cohen lawyers also have experience negotiating commercial transactions for a wide range of industries. Our corporate clients include privately and publicly held companies, private equity funds and their sponsors, investment banks, as well as management teams, entrepreneurs and investors. We understand the importance of getting deals done while protecting our clients’ interests, and finding creative solutions to the challenges they face. Here’s just a sample of what we do:
- Structure, negotiate, and document mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, asset dispositions, and reorganizations
- Counsel clients in connection with organization and corporate governance
- Counsel clients with respect to daily business operations
- Assist in ownership succession and transfer planning, including drafting and negotiating buy-sell agreements
- Negotiate and document executive employment contracts
Cheng Cohen also serves as outside general counsel for small to mid-sized companies without in-house legal staff. As such, Cheng Cohen affords clients the benefit of regular and consistent legal review and input in the day-to-day business decision-making process without the costs and expense associated with permanent in-house counsel.